Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1 is a Good Day

June 1 seems like a good day to start another 30 day challenge. The past two challenges I've tried have not been successful- I've mostly stuck to the plan- but I've let little things slide in like drinking milk, eating processed salad dressings, and such. I've been so busy studying for boards I've let some things slide. But that's over- and I passed!

So today- June 1st starts a true Whole 30 Challenge- no cheats at all. Also, this past weekend, my husband and I put in our garden. I'm super excited- it's the biggest garden we've had yet (about 150 sq ft). We've planted zucchini, cukes, tomatoes, about 5 different types of peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, watermelon, cabbage, and kale. I have somewhat of a brown thumb- but hopefully this time it will stick! It feels great to get on the road to self sufficiency. Now we have chickens regularly laying eggs, and a nice big garden. Next year we want to add beehives, and within the next 5 years I'd like to have a dairy goat (or two)! It's a slow project- but I want to make sure I can master it one step at a time. Pictures of the garden to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment