Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Primal Exercise

I've been trying to incorporate more primal exercise into my life. It's been difficult- I feel like I've been "sabotaged" several times. I was really enjoying using my elliptical, but it broke. I have a gym membership and teach kickboxing once a week. Afterwards, I always lift for about half an hour.
I've wanted to go to the gym more- with the thoughts, "I'll just wake up an hour and a half early and be back home in time to get ready for school," but when the alarm rings at 5am, I'm just not feeling it. I snuggle under the warm blankets and decide I'll do it tomorrow instead.
Primal fitness says that you should "lift heavy things" twice a week, sprint once a week, and do moderate cardio 4-6 hrs/week. I think I've got the lift heavy things and the sprinting. It's the moderate cardio I'm having trouble with. I don't know how to do it moderately!
I used to run a lot when I was in highschool- I loved it! Now when I try to walk, I want to run. When I run- I want to run a couple of miles. My heart rate always goes way up- and that is not moderate cardio. Then when I'm done- I'm starving and I want to eat. So I'm in this vicious cycle of not knowing how to moderately exercise. I either don't exercise at all- or I exercise too much.
I'm going to be running a 5K in two weeks, so I ran on the treadmill last night to see if I could do 5K. It felt SOOO good, but it was definitely strenuous. I was pouring sweat and really out of breath. I could feel my heart rate was sky high. I don't want to sabotage my primal plan- so how do you moderately exercise? How do you run "moderately"?

No comments:

Post a Comment